Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Short Supply- Volume 1


I'm finding chunks of my writing that don't fit into the flow of the current pieces that I'm writing, but I don't want them to be reabsorbed into my writing DNA, so they are being cut and pasted into a set of blog posts entitled In Short Supply.

Schools are also looking at some trends and emerging opportunities that seem ripe for providing their students a connection between college and career readiness and maximizing engagement. The first is the Makerspace. The second is Design Thinking, and the final one is thinning the classroom walls. Each of these ideas brings kids closer to their learning to a place of elemental understanding of why the learning is taking place. Deep context and an understanding of why the learning matters breed engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment