Sunday, April 21, 2013

How Students Learn

There aren't many things that make me laugh out loud, but this video definitely hit my funny bone. Then like most things that make me laugh, it began to make me think. Just as animals eat their food in so many different ways, kids learn in so many different ways. In the weeks surrounding standardized testing throughout the country, I'm saddened that we have kids learning in a standardized way and showcasing their learning in a standardized way. All of us know that our kids learn in different ways, but we aren't pushing back hard enough to say what we are being asked to do to kids doesn't work, doesn't make sense, and doesn't lay the foundation to the next generation of schools that can be transformative for all students.



No comments:

Post a Comment