Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Master Scheduling

I'm in the process of learning a new master schedule. I'm glad that I like scheduling, and I can recognize the power that the schedule has in driving the things that are important in a building, but the shift is a difficult one. Over the last six years, I have been completely immersed in my current schedule making tweats that have impacted achievement and students' learning. I am excited to do the same in the future, but I realize that surface knowledge of how a schedule works is a dangerous place to be. You want to twist some lever, but you aren't completely sure what will come out in the end, so I am leaving well enough alone for now. I do know that my philosophy will always be that student needs drive the schedule, not scheduling tradition, so it is essential that my depth of the master schedule grows so I am ready to respond the needs of our kids quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment